The "new" Toltec Club building located at 602 Magoffin Ave. The Toltec Club was an exclusive club for prominent El Paso citizens. In it's prime, the club was arguably the social center of the city. The club was an originally located on the 2nd and 3rd floors of the building located on 207-209 Texas Street, but it soon grew out of it, and in 1908 the club bought the property on San Antonio and Magoffin Streets as the site of the new club building. The photo seems to have been taken during the final stages of construction as the bottom floor does not appear to have the glass panel/windows in yet. The building was designed by the Denver architect, John James Huddart. The ground floor featured a restaurant while the top floors held living quarters and club rooms. The Toltec Club formally opened the new building on October 14,1910.
Toltec Club - El Paso, Texas
Report this entry
More from the same community-collection
This is the First Baptist Church at Magoffin and San Antonio, completed in March of 1885. It cost $6,930.00 to...
Octavia Magoffin Glasgow (1900-1986) was the granddaughter of Joseph Magoffin. She played an important role in preserving her family home...
Celsa V. Luna mother of Martin Luna in El Paso, Texas.
Sisters of Perpetual Adoration - 1952
Dining room, Magoffin Home. St. Margaret's Orphanage was in Mission Valley of El Paso, TX.
"Ronnie",Tour guide-Magiffin Home
Master Bedroom Magoffin Home
Toilet Magoffin Home
Master Piano in Magoffin House
Opened in 2010 recognized for its "environmentally innovative design" and is composed mostly of limestone and copper.
One of the first Catholic Churches built in El Paso, Texas was completed in 1893.
the Sisters of the Order of Perpetual Adoration moved to this site in 1927 looking to escape religious persecution in...
Beautiful picture from the entrance to the Magoffin Home
This is the dining table found at the Magoffin Home. It can sit and feed up to 40 people. This...