Photo of Pioneer Plaza, shot looking down from a rooftop. Pioneer Plaza was formerly known as the Little Plaza prior to 1910. On the bottom left side of the photo is the Herald Building. Next to the Herald Building is the White House Department Store (Felix Brunschwig & Co. proprietors.) and the Hotel McCoy (W.M. McCoy & Sons, proprietors). To the right of the White House on the NW side of the plaza is the Mills Building. Directly across the Mills Building is the Hotel Sheldon (Orndoff Hotel Co. proprietors). On the bottom right corner of the photo is the City National Bank Building. San Jacinto Plaza can be seen in between the Mills Building and the Hotel Sheldon.
Report this entry
More from the same community-collection
Graciela "Chela" worked for Farah on Paisano. Remembers people spitting on her at the protest. In front of Popular Dept....
on El Paso St. downtown (names are listed).