Holy Family Church was the last built by Rev. Carlos Pinto, S.J and dedicated by Bishop Schuler on Sept. 17, 1916.
According to Centennial History: The Diocese of El Paso, written by Janine Young, CEO of the Foundation for the Diocese of El Paso, Holy Family “was founded in response to the influx of refugees into the Sunset Heights neighborhood during the Mexican Revolution.” At one time, Young wrote, the parish contained the offices for the Revista Católica Press called Canisius House. The parish’s dedication to helping out migrant brothers and sisters continues to this day.
Holy Family Church - El Paso, Texas - 1918
Report this entry
More from the same community-collection
Wedding party portrait of Arturo Medrano and Josephine (Josefina) Sanchez with their attendants. They were wed at El Paso's St....
Wedding Day solo photo of Josefina Chavira Sanchez. She married Arturo Medrano of El Paso, TX at St. Patrick's Cathedral...
Mesita Elementary and Mesita Early Childhood Development Center at Vilas home of the Mustangs!
We are a...
Lupe Arcinega SL and Elisa Rodriguez SL have educated hundreds.
Stephanie Karr constant advocate for the prevention of child abuse and domestic violence in El Paso, Texas.
Carmen La Farrelle - Principal - 1992, member of AAUW.
Mrs. Maurice Schwartz, Mrs. Paul W. Gleichauf, Mrs. Sara Jane Zaharko, Mrs. John P. Savage and chair Mrs John Slaton....
Unidentified Nun - Holy Family - 1960
Guillermo Acosta - Holy Family - 1960 - El Paso, Texas.
Rosalina Montemayor - 1960 - Holy Family - El Paso, Texas.
Teresa Liano - Holy Family - 1960 - El Paso, Texas.
Christina Jacquez - Holy Family - 1960 - El Paso, Texas.
Holy Family Parish - Teacher, Sister Barbara Louise C.D.P. - 1960
Holy Family Parish School May Crowning of Blessed Virgin circa 1960 Sunset Heights
Unknown male child, May...
Holy Family Parish School - 1960 Graduation Class
Father Francisco Lapieza & Sister Barbara Louise