The image shows parts of the Texas Western Property, One can see horses, stables and a paddock. In the back, the Texas Western Miners football stadium is visible.
The University of Texas at El Paso was established in 1914, as the The Texas State School of Mines and Metallurgy. From 1949 to 1967 it was called Texas Western College.
Texas Western Property - El Paso, Texas - 1950's
Report this entry
More from the same community-collection
Students circa 1925 stand before earliest buildings at Texas College of Mines
M Club Supporters of Texas College of Mines in El Paso, Texas 1925
Enthusiastic cheerleaders from Texas Western College probably at Kidd Field in El Paso, Texas 1955
Man on horse leads recreation of first Homecoming Parade of Texas College of Mines. In background downtown businesses are seen...
Charlie Bailey congratulates UTEP donor Larry Durham on donation to the UTEP football program
Centennial Museum on UTEP campus is seen from corner of Mesa and University Ave.1944
President Diane Natalicio at UTEP commencement in Special Events Center circa 2005
UTEP History Department chair and Dr. Natalicio at Commencement for new graduate student.
Texas Western College President, A. B. Templeton with Dr. Ken Beasley
John Graham, Professor Texas College of Mines in El Paso Texas circa 1930
Burro as mascot of University of Texas at El Paso at Sun Bowl circa 2000
Mayor Joe Wardy of El Paso, Texas speaks at event on campus of UT El Paso circa 2004.
Building on campus of Texas Western College in El Paso, Texas that served as residence of presidents from 1942-1958. Demolished...
Building on campus of Texas Western College in El Paso Texas that served as residence of presidents from 1942-1958. Demolished...
Photo shows modernistic design of former UTEP Library which was renovated to become the Geology Building on the edge of...