Photo of Providence Hospital located at 617 N. Santa Fe. Originally, the building housed the Rio Grande Congregational Training School, a vocational school for Mexican youth directed by Rev. A.C. Wright, a Congregationalist minister. In 1902 the building was bought by Drs. M.P. Schuster M.O. Wright, Alward White, A.L. Justice, H.M. Shught, E.H. Irving, O.C. Irving, Scott Dixon, G. Wehrle, H.T. Thompson, and J. Shelton Horsley for the purpose of opening a new hospital with a nursing school as well. Providence opened in October of that year. Decades later, after the new Providence Hospital opened in 1952, the old Providence Hospital building was torn down to make room for Interstate 10.
Providence Hospitals - El Paso, Texas
Report this entry
More from the same community-collection
First National Bank.
Located at 109 -17 E San Antonio corner of Oregon.
El Paso Federal Building Erected in 1892 a and abandoned. In 1938 this building once housed the
Hotel Paso del Norte - Trost & Trost architects.
Nelf- Stiles Co. Locates at 401 - 11 N Santa Fe.
Lander Lumber Co. (Inc.)
Located on Texas SW corner
Mills Building overlooking San Jacinto Plaza. Federal Building.
Krakaver - Zork & Moye. Located at 117 San Francisco
San Jacinto Plaza
United States Tires. United States Rubber Company and Associated Companies.
B. Farber & Co.
Perry-Kirkpatrick Realty Co.
El Paso Auto Sales Company. Located at Myrtle Av.
San Antonio Street Caples building dead end (bluementhal above). Little Caples building to the right. Rio Grande Valley Bank building...