Photo of Providence Hospital located at 617 N. Santa Fe. Originally, the building housed the Rio Grande Congregational Training School, a vocational school for Mexican youth directed by Rev. A.C. Wright, a Congregationalist minister. In 1902 the building was bought by Drs. M.P. Schuster M.O. Wright, Alward White, A.L. Justice, H.M. Shught, E.H. Irving, O.C. Irving, Scott Dixon, G. Wehrle, H.T. Thompson, and J. Shelton Horsley for the purpose of opening a new hospital with a nursing school as well. Providence opened in October of that year. Decades later, after the new Providence Hospital opened in 1952, the old Providence Hospital building was torn down to make room for Interstate 10.
Providence Hospitals - El Paso, Texas
Report this entry
More from the same community-collection
Graciela "Chela" worked for Farah on Paisano. Remembers people spitting on her at the protest. In front of Popular Dept....
on El Paso St. downtown (names are listed).