U.S. Army Wagon, ca. 1915
Wrecked during service on the border
No. 2 EUREKA Tire Bending Machine, ca 1902
Used for shaping iron tires for wagon wheels
By the 1850s, El Paso was a crossroads for the freighting route between Mexico and the United States, and the stagecoach mail route to California. Horses and mules often replaced slower moving oxen. Vehicles now had replaceable iron tires, brakes, and a fifth wheel device that allowed the front axle to pivot on turns.
Army Wagon and Repairing Wheel
Report this entry
More from the same community-collection
First National Bank.
Located at 109 -17 E San Antonio corner of Oregon.
El Paso Federal Building Erected in 1892 a and abandoned. In 1938 this building once housed the
Hotel Paso del Norte - Trost & Trost architects.
Nelf- Stiles Co. Locates at 401 - 11 N Santa Fe.
Lander Lumber Co. (Inc.)
Located on Texas SW corner
Mills Building overlooking San Jacinto Plaza. Federal Building.
San Jacinto Plaza. Anson Mills building under construction right photo. Sheldon Hotel stands behind the flag pole and the Federal...
Krakaver - Zork & Moye. Located at 117 San Francisco
San Jacinto Plaza
United States Tires. United States Rubber Company and Associated Companies.
B. Farber & Co.
Perry-Kirkpatrick Realty Co.
El Paso Auto Sales Company. Located at Myrtle Av.