Photograph of Douglass High School - El Paso, Texas.
The first school for blacks had only seven students and was opened in March 1883 in the home of John Smith. Andrew Morelock was both principal and teacher. The school was given the name of "Douglass School" in tribute to Frederick Douglass, a well respected statesman and orator and one of the country's strongest abolitionist.
Douglass High School - 1948
Report this entry
More from the same community-collection
Served in the military from 1942-1945. Moved from El Paso to Denver, Colorado in 1960 to accept a job with...
B.S. Tillotson College, Austin, Texas, 1944; M.A. New Mexico Highlands University, 1952; M.A., New Mexico Highlands University, 1954; Post Graduate...
Attended Tillotson College, Austin, Texas, 1940-41. Lived and worked at Duncan Airfield, San Antonio, Texas where fighter planes are assembled....
Taught at Douglass High School 1944-1945 and is a former student of Douglass, having attended from 1938-1939. Received a 8....
Class of 1952 - Douglass High School - El Paso, Texas.
She married Elbert Bowden and one...
Class of 1947 from Douglass High School. Attended West Virginia State College, Texas Southern University, New Mexico State University and...
Douglass High School - 1938
Taken from a 1981 booklet from the McCall Center - Class of 1937 - Douglass High School.
Douglass High School - Class of 1937
Class of 1936 - Douglass High School
Class of 1934 - Douglass High School
Class of 1935 - Douglass High School
Class of 1933 - Douglass High School - from a booklet - 1981
Douglass High School - Class of 1932
Douglass High School - 1931 - Class of 1931