Photograph of Douglass High School - El Paso, Texas.
The first school for blacks had only seven students and was opened in March 1883 in the home of John Smith. Andrew Morelock was both principal and teacher. The school was given the name of "Douglass School" in tribute to Frederick Douglass, a well respected statesman and orator and one of the country's strongest abolitionist.
Douglass High School - 1948
Report this entry
More from the same community-collection
Visiting the new reptile house at the El Paso zoo
A snapshot of family memories made at the El Paso Zoo.
EPCC held its first Arts Festival.
Late November snow on the Memorial grounds (2007).
Directed by Rodolfo Hernandez, Ritmos Norteños brings traditional polka dancing in an annual performance at the Chamizal Memorial Theater.
Rodolfo Hernandez, renowned instructor of folklorico in both El Paso and Cd Juarez
Map compiled from Boundary Commission maps of 1852, from County Surveyors records and from January 1898 survey. Map outlines Ponce...
This was last years, 2017 fourth of July fireworks display. We did not have the best view because the trees...
place where El Paso practice traditional activities
traditional dance in el paso tx and mexico
Medium sized Bass returned to Ascarate Lake September 2017.
Border Patrol 1931 - El Paso, Texas - District 25, Sub-District 2 - Armistice Day, Nov. 11, 1931.
Border Patrol - first Border Patrol Academy Class made up of recruits from the entire Mexican Border. Photograph taken in...
U.S. Border Patrol - El Paso, Texas - 1937 - Camp Chigas located near the Chamizal area. Photograph taken at...
Border Patrol - El Paso, Texas - 1931 - photograph of the Border Patrol in El Paso, Texas.