The Church of Saint Alban is the oldest Episcopal Church in El Paso, and part of the Diocese of the Rio Grande. It was established in 1921 as St Alban's Mission, by the Church of St Clement. Parish Status was assumed March 8, 1939. A new edifice was built during 1949-1950 on the site.
St. Alban's Episcopal Church was named for a Roman soldier who lived outside of London during the third century A.D. After accepting the Christian faith, he traded his clothing with a priest so that the priest might escape other soldiers who sought to kill him. Consequently, Alban was captured and executed in the priest's place. At that time he became the first Christian martyr in Britain. Later he was canonized by the Church.
St Alban's Episcopal Church
Report this entry
More from the same community-collection
Judy R. Alvarado, daughter of Tony Alvarado Jr. and Gloria Lopez Alvarado.
Rosemary Valledolid, long time nursing instructor at El Paso Community College in 1992. Photo taken in El Paso, Texas.
This house is located close to Memorial Park. On the corner of San Marcial and Federal Avenue.
Roger Alvarado graduated from Cathedral High School El Paso, Texas in 1974..
Art Alvarado - graduation picture from Cathedral High School El Paso, Texas 1978.
Tony (Azul) Alvarado Jr. - graduate, Bowie High School in El Paso, Texas 1954.
Gloria Lopez Alvarado - wife of Tony (Azul) Alvarado Jr. Gloria also went to El Paso High School in El...
Jackie Osborne was homecoming Queen for Austin High School El Paso Texas in fall 1948.
Rusk Elementary Staff 1999-2000
Rusk Elementary Staff 1997*1998
Rusk staff 1994-1995
Rusk Elementary School had students helping with safety patrols.
Duel Language class Rusk Elementary School 1996 to 1997 school year Mr. Lawrence and Mr. Bernal Teachers
The view is on the day we were sending off the Women's ACTS Retreat in 2015.
This is the Rusk Elementary School mascot, and moto.