Henry Trost designed this seven-story reinforced concrete building formally for the Rio Grande Valley Bank in 1909. Trost's intention was to reveal the decorative possibilities of concrete and the useful building material. In 1925, El Paso businessman Sam Abdou purchased the building following the bank's defaulting. The quadrilateral site accounts, in part, for the building's distinction of lacking any parallel facades.
Report this entry
More from the same community-collection
First National Bank.
Located at 109 -17 E San Antonio corner of Oregon.
El Paso Federal Building Erected in 1892 a and abandoned. In 1938 this building once housed the
Hotel Paso del Norte - Trost & Trost architects.
Nelf- Stiles Co. Locates at 401 - 11 N Santa Fe.
Lander Lumber Co. (Inc.)
Located on Texas SW corner
Mills Building overlooking San Jacinto Plaza. Federal Building.
San Jacinto Plaza. Anson Mills building under construction right photo. Sheldon Hotel stands behind the flag pole and the Federal...
Krakaver - Zork & Moye. Located at 117 San Francisco
San Jacinto Plaza
United States Tires. United States Rubber Company and Associated Companies.
B. Farber & Co.
Perry-Kirkpatrick Realty Co.
El Paso Auto Sales Company. Located at Myrtle Av.